About Aviation NZ
Aviation New Zealand champions New Zealand companies and product/service solutions to international audiences. It encourages the development of scale through collaboration and connects international customers to product and service solutions developed in New Zealand.
The vision for the New Zealand aviation sector is for it to be `a dynamic, responsive, globally engaged high value service and manufacturing industry based on 21st century technologies, which contributes significantly to company prosperity and national wealth’.
- To achieve comprehensive ‘New Zealand’ solutions by identifying, validating and developing business opportunities in selected markets which would not be available to New Zealand companies operating alone.
- To integrate New Zealand companies into global supply chains by making the right connections with the right companies.
- To champion issues impeding the international growth of the aviation sector by working closely with New Zealand aviation agencies responsible for regulatory change.
- To raise the profile and provide informed advice on New Zealand’s aviation capability and growth potential in international markets by developing the Aviation New Zealand brand as the authority and reference point.
- To be one stop shop for companies wanting to do aviation business with New Zealand.
It is governed by a Board committed to the success of the venture:
- Bruce Heesterman, Chairman and CEO, ASPEQ
- John Jones, CEO CTC Aviation and President Aviation Industry Association
- Neal Garnett, NZ Rep, EADS Australia/Pacific
- Samantha Sharif, Director Industry Affairs, CANSO
and an advisor to the Board:
- Mike Flanagan, GM Air New Zealand Consulting
John Nicholson is the Chief Executive and operates alongside the AIA Executive in Wellington.
Aviation NZ works through sector champions who include the chairs of the relevant AIA divisions.
- identifies and validates of opportunities
- integrates and facilitates to develop scale solutions
- project manages to pursue high value and large scale opportunities
- sources and provides expert advice
- promotes the brand, New Zealand products and services
- develops strategic relationships with overseas agencies and international companies